GaimSMS is a Gaim plugin which will forward all incoming IMs to a mobile phone number via SMS when you are idle
GaimSMS is a Gaim plugin which will forward all incoming IMs to a mobile phone number via SMS when you are idle. At present it only works with SprintPCS phones, however it should be possible to add support for other SMS gateways easily. (I have since learned that SprintPCS phones don't actually support SMS, it's some ghetto imitation of SMS).
I am presently looking for an easy way to add SMS support for other phone networks and have come across a couple of different ways to reuse some already written code, but both would involve switching to perl or calling Perl code from C (which I have learned is possible). One is the WWW::SMS perl module which a reader commented on my blog entry for today, the other is to borrow some code from the cellaim project.
Short Guide to install gaimsms (this has been tested with libcurl2 7.10.5 and gaim 0.64).
IT DOES NOT BUILD AGAINST gaim 0.66 for reasons the author does not comprehend
1. Place gaimsms.c in the plugins directory of a copy of the gaim source.
2. Run ./configure on your copy of the gaim source if you haven't already.
3. Modify the Makefile in the plugins/ directory in the following way:
add -lcurl to your LIBS line so that it looks something like this:
LIBS = -lcurl
4. Run make gaimsms.so
5. Copy gaimsms.so to your gaim plugins directory (either /usr/local/lib/gaim
or /usr/lib/gaim )
6. Select it from the list of plugins during runtime and add your phone number
tags plugins directory the plugins the gaim gaim source lib gaim does not from the sprintpcs phones support for for other code from phone number
Download GaimSMS 0.1
Other software in this category
- Desktop Environment
- Science and Engineering
- Text Editing&Processing