OpenExplore is a game which aims to simulate the 15th-16th century European explorations of the Americas. In the first release of
OpenExplore is a game which aims to simulate the 15th-16th century European explorations of the Americas.
In the first release of OpenExplore, most of the focus is on the world generation algorithm, which can produce beautiful continents.
Install/How to Play
1. Unzip/untar the release package for your platform.
2. Run "python explore.py"
3. Outfit your expedition with supplies using the arrow keys: UP/DOWN to change trade items, LEFT/RIGHT to make a trade. Hold SPACE and LEFT/RIGHT to trade quickly.
4. When ready, leave Europe with the "Leave" option. The world will be generated; this may take several minutes.
5. You are now in the ocean. If you forgot to get supplies you can return east(RIGHT arrow). Otherwise, navigate west with the LEFT(and other) arrows.
6. Your mission is to discover 15 native villages. When you come across one, you may trade your goods with them.
7. At various points messages will appear. Press SPACE when you are done reading them.
As of v11 there is no reason to take more than 1 ship and 1 man; this tactic is not likely to work in later versions!
The game starts in "easy" mode. Easy mode gives you a visual indicator of the villages in your sight radius. To turn it off, press the E key.
To view the entire map's terrain instantly, press the V key from the map view.
To avoid running out of money and starving you will have to trade with the natives and earn a profit, so remember to always take goods with you.
What's New in This Release:
tags with the easy mode press the goods with you are left right the world when you
Download OpenExplore 20
Other software in this category
- Desktop Environment
- Science and Engineering
- Text Editing&Processing