aKode is not really a KDE application and not even an application, but very usefull non the less. aKode is the decoding library u
aKode is not really a KDE application and not even an application, but very usefull non the less.
aKode is the decoding library used in akode_artsplugin in kdemultimedia, and improves the aRts experience by fewer drop-outs, more supported formats and fewer bugs in general.
It can also be used directly without aRts in JuK and Amarok.
aKode supports decoding of MPEG audio, Ogg Vorbis, Ogg FLAC, old FLAC, Speex, WAV, and Musepack audio.
aKode currently has the following decoder plugins:
- mpeg: Uses libMAD to decoder all MPEG 1/2 layer I-III audio. GPL licensed and patent issue in the US.
- mpc: Decodes musepack aka mpc audio. LGPL licensed.
- xiph: Decodes FLAC, Ogg/FLAC, Speex and Ogg Vorbis audio. LGPL licensed, patent free.
- ffmpeg: Experimental decoder using the FFMPEG decoding library. Enables WMA and RealAudio playback. LGPL and possible patent and reengineering issues in the US.
aKode also has the following audio outputs:
- oss: Outputs to the OSS (Open Sound System) of for instance FreeBSD and Linux 2.4
- alsa: Outputs to ALSA of Linux 2.6 (version 0.9 or 1.x required) (dmix is recommended).
- sun: Outputs to Sun OS/Solaris audio device .
- jack: Outputs using Jack audio backend.
- polyp: Output to the polypaudio server. Recommended for network transparent audio.
What's New in This Release:
tags the following audio lgpl lgpl licensed has the flac speex ogg vorbis ogg flac decoding library
Download aKode 2.0.1
Audiere Audio System 1.9.4 (by Audiere is a high-level audio API. It can play Ogg)
Other software in this category
- Desktop Environment
- Science and Engineering
- Text Editing&Processing