GeoTIFF Viewer 1.0
GeoTIFF Viewer is a simple viewer for GeoTIFF files, which are georeferenced raster images, typically used for maps. I've noticed
GeoTIFF Viewer is a simple viewer for GeoTIFF files, which are georeferenced raster images, typically used for maps.
I've noticed that there really aren't any programs for Linux that just view maps. There are several GIS packages, but if all you want to do is look, they're overkill. I wrote GeoTIFF Viewer to be a simple viewer of digital raster graphics.
It uses libtiff and libgeotiff for the heavy lifting of reading the TIFF and associated GeoTIFF tags, and GTK+, GDK, and GLib for the widgets and graphical utilities. As such, it should run on any platform that these do, which is to say, most modern operating systems.
Digital raster graphics for California can be freely obtained at The California Spatial Information Library. The USGS and the Tennessee Valley Authority have data for the rest of the country.
The simplest way to compile this package is:
1. `cd' to the directory containing the package's source code and type `./configure' to configure the package for your system. If you're using `csh' on an old version of System V, you might need to type `sh ./configure' instead to prevent `csh' from trying to execute `configure' itself.
Running `configure' takes awhile. While running, it prints some messages telling which features it is checking for.
2. Type `make' to compile the package.
3. Optionally, type `make check' to run any self-tests that come with the package.
4. Type `make install' to install the programs and any data files and documentation.
5. You can remove the program binaries and object files from the source code directory by typing `make clean'. To also remove the files that `configure' created (so you can compile the package for a different kind of computer), type `make distclean'. There is also a `make maintainer-clean' target, but that is intended mainly for the package's developers. If you use it, you may have to get all sorts of other programs in order to regenerate files that came with the distribution.
tags the package for the type `make with the compile the you can files that remove the source code simple viewer digital raster raster graphics geotiff viewer
Download GeoTIFF Viewer 1.0
Other software in this category
- Desktop Environment
- Science and Engineering
- Text Editing&Processing