Serial Line Sniffer 0.4.4
slsnif is a serial line sniffer
slsnif is a serial line sniffer. It listens to the specified serial port and logs all data coming through it. slsnif works transparently for both the device connected to the serial port and the controlling software for this device. It operates by opening a pseudo tty (pty) and linking it to the actual serial port.
slsnif operates by opening a pty and linking it to the serial port. These are following parameters / options:
1. Serial port to open (required).
2. Name of the file to direct output to (optional, defaults to stdout).
3. Desired baudrate (optional, defaults to 9600 baud).
4. Timestamp On/Off (optional, defaults to Off).
5. Print ascii values in hex On/Off (optional, defaults to Off)
6. Print number of bytes transmitted On/Off (optional, defaults to Off).
7. Optional colors for timestamp, number of bytes transmitted and normal output.
8. Lock port On/Off (optional, defaults to On).
9. Use Unix98 ptys instead of BSD ptys (optional, defaults to BSD style).
10. Second serial port to open. If specified, this port will be used instead of a pty, thus providing an ability to log data between two serial ports.
What's New in This Release:
tags optional defaults serial port off optional ptys instead added ability chat script unix98 ptys bytes transmitted and linking the serial port and pty and
Download Serial Line Sniffer 0.4.4
Other software in this category
- Desktop Environment
- Science and Engineering
- Text Editing&Processing