Coda Distributed File System 6.0.8 reviewDownload
Coda is an advanced networked filesystem
Coda is an advanced networked filesystem. It has been developed at CMU since 1987 by the systems group of M. Satyanarayanan. in the SCS department.
Coda is a distributed filesystem with its origin in AFS2. It has many features that are very desirable for network filesystems. Currently, Coda has several features not found elsewhere.
1. disconnected operation for mobile computing
2. is freely available under a liberal license
3. high performance through client side persistent caching
4. server replication
5. security model for authentication, encryption and access control
6. continued operation during partial network failures in server network
7. network bandwith adaptation
8. good scalability
9. well defined semantics of sharing, even in the presence of network failures
Coda Distributed File System 6.0.8 search tags