GTK-server 2.1.2 reviewDownload
GTK-server enables access for shellscripts & interpreted programming languages to apps using either GTK 1.x or 2.x. GTK-server pr
GTK-server enables access for shellscripts & interpreted programming languages to apps using either GTK 1.x or 2.x.
GTK-server project is a standalone binary, which is able to communicate by a 2-way pipe or by a TCP/UDP port. The script invokes this binary, sets up a pipe or a TCP/UDP connection and prints the GTK call in plain text to the pipe or socket. The GTK-server then sends information back which can be used in the program or script.
Below a summary of advantages when using the GTK-server:
- No need to learn C or C++, you can stick to your favorite programming language
- No need to hack the source of existing programming languages to realize GUI programming
- High flexibility in creating GUI's, e.g. not limited to dialogs
- Full GTK API available, the user can extend the 'gtk-server.cfg' file by himself
- Access to both GTK 1.x and GTK 2.x
- Convenient GTK test tool, easy to learn GTK programming.
libffi: the Foreign Function Interface library
What's New in This Release:
Added macro for 'snprintf' (lacks on Tru64Unix) .
Adapted configure scripts and implemented minor codefixes to avoid compilewarnings on Tru64Unix .
Code cleaning so compilation with Compaq C Compiler works now .
Improved KILL script, also added manpage.
Unix: improved gracefull exit in FIFO mode.
Some esthetic changes in sourcecode and GTK-server errors.
GTK-server 2.1.2 search tags