kfuseiso 20061108 reviewDownload
kfuseiso contains small set of modules to help access ISO image files
kfuseiso contains small set of modules to help access ISO image files. Depends on fuseiso program and therefore on fuse library so it is only linux specific now.
Fuseiso along with .iso images also support windows-born .nrg, .mdf, .bin and .img (CloneCD) images. Please look at http://fuse.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/FuseIso for more details on it.
If you need to access some iso image then do the following steps:
1. install fuseiso (first link)
2. install kfuseiso (second link)
3. make sure what kde found new modules, mimetypes, etc -- relogin
4. go to folder containing interesting .iso file with konqueror
5. right-click on this file
6. select "Mount Image and Browse"
7. View content on iso filesystem in new window.
To unmount ISO file:
1. goto to the "System" folder in konqueror (or type system:/ in the location bar)
2. click on the "Mounted ISO Images"
3. right-click image to unmount
4. select "Unmount Image" from the popup menu
5. press F5 to make sure list of mounted images are reloaded -- it`s not work automatically all times yet
That is all. You can also view ISO image metainformation in file properties dialog -- such as image creation datetime, program used to create image, etc..
Status: technology-preview. Hope it will not crash your KDE desktop very often :-) What i need is an ideas how to make such kind of integration better, taking into account KDE limitations. For example my first idea was to add mounted iso images into media:/ folder, but it is impossible with kde 3.5.
What's New in This Release:
This version was fixed to work with big image files such as DVD ISO images.
Polish translations were added.
kfuseiso 20061108 keywords