mod_auth_pam 1.1.1 for Apache 2.0 reviewDownload
mod_auth_pam is an authentication module for the Apache Web-Server. The PAM authentication module implements Basic authentication
mod_auth_pam is an authentication module for the Apache Web-Server.
The PAM authentication module implements Basic authentication on top of the Pluggable Authentication Module library.
Thereby it supports standard unix passwd, shadow, NIS, SMB auth and radius (-> complete list of modules) authentication transparently and easily interchangeable, wherever the HTTP protocol allows it.
Compiling the source code
If this is your first Apache module, skip the following paragraph and go directly to dynamic shared object module.
mod_auth_pam is as standard as it gets with respect to module installation, so if you are familiar with installing and using 3rd party modules, you should have no trouble at all and can use any of the supported installation methods. I strongly recommend using the DSO method, as it is by far the easiest way and will give you a working system in no time. If you are looking for more information, the Apache Group has written a very detailed explanation of DSO modules.
Now, here's what you have to do:
dynamic shared object (DSO) module
1. cd to the directory where you unpacked the sources
2. Type "make" and then "make install"
3. Restart Apache
1. Put mod_auth_pam.c into the src/modules/extra directory of your Apache source-tree
2. configure with LIBS="-lpam -ldl" ./configure --activate-module=src/modules/extra/mod_auth_pam.o (all on one line and in addition ot any other options you usually require)
3. Proceed with compilation and installation as usual
If everything went smoothly, proceed with Configuring mod_auth_pam.
mod_auth_pam 1.1.1 for Apache 2.0 search tags