SunGazer Packetfilter 0.5.2 reviewDownload
The SunGazer Packetfilter is a small and simple tool to set up firewall rules
The SunGazer Packetfilter is a small and simple tool to set up firewall rules. It works with iptables and is easy to use and configure.
You can set up the SunGazer Packetfilter with /etc/sg-packetfilter/sg-packetfilter.config
Please note the notice lines in the file.
To install follow these steps:
1. Type 'tar xvfz sg-packetfilter-X.X.X.tar.gz'
or 'tar xvfj sg-packetfilter-X.X.X.tar.bz2'.
2. Type 'cd sg-packetfilter-X.X.X'.
3. Change with 'su root' to root.
4. Type 'sh install.sh' to install the main script.
5. Go to /etc/sg-packetfilter/ and configure the file
'sg-packetfilter.config' with your favorite editor.
SunGazer Packetfilter requires the following:
- kernel >= 2.4
- iptables netfilter modules -> kernel
- iptables >= 1.2
What's New in This Release:
adjusted forward chain
added rule for smtp
added rule for pop3
added rule for pop3s
added rule for imap4
added rule for imap4s
added rule for ssh
added rule for rsync
added rule for active ftp
added rule for passive ftp
SunGazer Packetfilter 0.5.2 keywords