HP Linux Imaging and Printing 1.6.9 reviewDownload
HP Linux Imaging and Printing Driver Project consists of two projects: 1) HPIJS, a printer driver for HP devices 2) HP Linux Im
HP Linux Imaging and Printing Driver Project consists of two projects:
1) HPIJS, a printer driver for HP devices
2) HP Linux Imaging and Printing (HPLIP), a complete printing and imaging solution for Linux (note: HPLIP includes HPIJS).
What's New in This Release:
1. Add new command hplip-install.
2. Fixed defect (Printer supplies listed in "random" order).
3. Fixed random supply order in hp-levels.
4. Fixed defect (Don't report hpfax:/no_devices_found in CUPS 1.2).
5. Fixed network printer detection (SLP).
6. Added hp-probe back into tarball.
7. Added hp-probe into create_docs.
8. Upgraded hp-probe to new doc and logging stds.
9. Upgraded hp-check to use same dependency checks as hplip-install.
10. Modified create_docs/index.txt so that the num. of models is dynamically put onto the website home page.
11. Modified create_docs so that the supported distro/versions is dynamically put onto the download page.
12. Modified create_docs so that the download links are dynamically put onto the download page.
13. Fixed defect (The HP Fax URI could not be showed if executing hp-makeuri with parameter "--fax" in the terminal).
14. Added HPILP version to templates and dist.py.
15. Fixed defect (The "Add to List" button for Coverpage would be grayed out after sent a fax job including Coverpage on Mandriva 2006 32bit OS with Northstar V).
16. Fixed defect (An unexpected error occurred when add a FAB entry using the space as the fist character of the entry name).
17. Made some misc. input validation improvements to hp-fab -i.
18. Changed print code so that it can use lpr or lp depending on what is installed (lpr=default).
19. Fixed defect (hp-unload only works with ASCII char's).
20. Fixed defect (hp-unload gives incorrect permissions bits). hp-unload will save files with permissions of 0600.
21. Fixed a laserjet scanning problem in hpiod.
22. Changed the 1284.4/MLC setup command for CLJ2840/LJ3050/LJ3055.
23. Cleaned up PML errors occuring on DJ 4xx when doing dynamic counters.
24. Fixed status-dynamic-counters value for DJ 460.
25. Fixed defect (Toolbox cannot be launched successfully after setup Northstar V with Network connection on Simplified Chinese Red Flag 5 OS).
26. Added code to cleanup spinner from text UIs.
27. Re-fixed defect (The fax job could not be sent while sending fax in non-interactive mode (reproduce 7 out of 10 times)).
28. Removed rpm-build option from HPLIP configure. Rpm-build is no longer needed.
29. Added two new HPLIP configure options.
1. scan-build - enable/disable xsane backend build
2. gui-build - enable/disable GUI commands
30. Added exit status to HPLIP and HPIJS configure.
31. Added python-devel check to configure.
32. Added pthread-devel check to configure.
33. Added ppdev-devel check to configure.
34. Fixed defect (The fax job could not be sent while sending fax in non-interactive mode (reproduce 7 out of 10 times)).
35. Fixed defect (The value of Notes for an FAB entry cannot be displayed correctly while the entry was added completely in interactive mode).
36. Fixed defect (An error occurs while executing hp-sendfax in non-interactive mode with the device disconnected).
37. Fixed defect (The .g3 file could not be added to the Items List and not be sent).
38. Fixed defect (The fax job could not be sent in non-interactive mode).
39. Create bindir if not already created in "make install".
40. Added scan-style and fit-to-page fix to hp-makecopies (fixes defects and issue on mailing-list).
41. Added scaling=100 to hp-sendfax.
42. Changed PyQt version mismatch to warning.
43. Moved Qt import in hp-toolbox and hp-print to after command line processing.
This HPLIP package includes HPIJS 2.6.9 which has the following changes.
1. Added support CD/DVD label printing (ie: PS D5100).
2. Added support for the following new printer(s).
PhotoSmart A310 series (DJGenericVIP)
PhotoSmart C5100 series (DJGenericVIP)
PhotoSmart C6100 series (DJGenericVIP)
PhotoSmart C7100 series (DJGenericVIP)
PhotoSmart D5100 series (DJGenericVIP)
PhotoSmart D5060 series (DJGenericVIP)
PhotoSmart Pro B8300 series (DJGenericVIP)
HP Linux Imaging and Printing 1.6.9 search tags