MiaouIRC 0.89 reviewDownload
MiaouIRC is an RFC 1459-compatible IRC client written in Java/Swing
MiaouIRC is an RFC 1459-compatible IRC client written in Java/Swing. It has some useful features like choosing your Look 'n Feel, customizing your nick friend list, highly verbose logging, searching a keyword in a channel, private message panels, etc.
It supports multi-server connections, DCC CHAT, SEND, ACCEPT and RESUME, CTCP commands, nick autocompletions, mIRC colors, autoreconnects, and autojoins. A DCC queue list is available to tracing your leeching activities with IRC FServ.
MiaouIRC is still a simple use Java application, but, with many features which are proper to, like :
- The possibility for choosing the Look And Feel
- DCC SEND, CHAT and OFFER with a DCC queue monitoring. Very useful for an intensive use on "DCCing" with FServ IRC Bot !
- MiaouIRC is also multi-server
- A logging system is available too, so you can trace all interactions between this program client and the IRC server, log by channel or by private message.
- Multiple configurations management, easy to load from one to another.
Configuration saves are only memorized on files, never on registers basis, in a Windows system type.
Java 1.4.2 or later
What's New in This Release:
This release has many code fixes and bugfixes.
A bulb is now displayed next to the nickname on the nicklist every time an activity is detected for that nick.
All the code has been changed to supported multiple languages through the gettext library.
The French language is currently supported.
For programmers, communication between objects is now done with a new MessageListener interface.
MiaouIRC 0.89 search tags