SPIP 1.8.2g reviewDownload
SPIP is a publishing system developed by the minir?zo to manage the site uZine
SPIP is a publishing system developed by the minir?zo to manage the site uZine. We provide SPIP to anyone as a free software under GPL license.
Therefore, you can use it freely for your own site, be it personnal, co-operative, institutional or commercial.
SPIP's installation is very simple indeed: in particular, no files are to be modified "manually" with abstruse variables. The procedure is very simple (it is explained in details below):
1. Fetch the SPIP file from our server and decompress it on your personal computer. You will have a "SPIP..." folder which contains all the files of the SPIP system.
2. Install the content of this folder on your site (by FTP, as you usually do to install your site's pages).
3. From within your browser, go to your site into the folder "ecrire", where SPIP will provide you with a graphical interface allowing you to configure the system. Once you provide the configuration information, SPIP will be completely installed and you can start working on your site.
an FTP access to install the files;
an access to a MySQL database.
Prior to the installation, you should have an available MySQL database. With many hosts, you have to either request the activation of a MySQL database from the administrator, or follow an automated activation procedure online (anyway, the database activation has nothing to do with SPIP; if you encounter problems during this procedure, only your host will be able to provide you with the necessary passwords and explain to you how to activate your MySQL account).
You have to know the details of your MySQL connection (provided to you by the host):
- the database address: for example sql.free.fr or localhost or blank;
- the name of the database to be used: it is often the same login as your web account.
- you MySQL login: it is often the same login as your web account.
- you MySQL password: it is often the same password as your web account.
SPIP 1.8.2g search tags