USB MiniMe SLAX reviewDownload
SLAX is a nicely refined Live Linux CD compilation created by Tomas of slax.org and is based on Slackware Linux. USB MiniMe SLAX i
SLAX is a nicely refined Live Linux CD compilation created by Tomas of slax.org and is based on Slackware Linux.
USB MiniMe SLAX is a simple compressed zip of the latest version SLAX specifically made for USB flash drive installation.
Also included in the zip is a custom one button syslinux installer that allows you to make the USB drive bootable via Windows XP through a simple one button menu.
Warning: DO NOT RUN makeboot.exe from your local hard drive!! It is intended to be run from your USB device.
- Download the HP-USB Format tool and format your flash drive using the Fat or Fat32 option.
- Download the USBSLAXFULL.zip
- Extract the contents of the USBSLAXFULL.zip to your “flash drive”.
- Browse to your “flash drive” and click the Makeboot.exe
follow the on screen instructions.
- Reboot your computer and set your system BIOS to boot from USB-HDD or USB-ZIP. Also set the boot priority if necessary.
Please note: This tutorial has been tested to work from a Windows XP computer with .net and service pack updates. Other operating environments may or may not support the use of the installer.
USB MiniMe SLAX search tags