gnome-desktop 2.16.2 reviewDownload
gnome-desktop package is free software and is part of the GNOME project. gnome-desktop package contains the libgnome-desktop libra
gnome-desktop package is free software and is part of the GNOME project.
gnome-desktop package contains the libgnome-desktop library which contains APIs that really belong in libgnome[ui] but have not seen enough testing or development to be considered stable. Use at your own risk.
Also contained here are documents installed as part of the core GNOME distribution, e.g. a copy of the GPL, the gnome-about program, some manpages and GNOME's core graphics files and icons.
The simplest way to compile this package is:
1. `cd' to the directory containing the package's source code and type `./configure' to configure the package for your system. If you're using `csh' on an old version of System V, you might need to type `sh ./configure' instead to prevent `csh' from trying to execute `configure' itself.
Running `configure' takes awhile. While running, it prints some messages telling which features it is checking for.
2. Type `make' to compile the package.
3. Optionally, type `make check' to run any self-tests that come with the package.
4. Type `make install' to install the programs and any data files and documentation.
5. You can remove the program binaries and object files from the source code directory by typing `make clean'. To also remove the files that `configure' created (so you can compile the package for a different kind of computer), type `make distclean'. There is also a `make maintainer-clean' target, but that is intended mainly for the package's developers. If you use it, you may have to get all sorts of other programs in order to regenerate files that came with the distribution.
gnome-desktop 2.16.2 keywords