tektracker 0.7.0 reviewDownload
ttrk (tektracker) is a console MIDI sequencer with a tracker-style step editor.I was annoyed by the bad step editors found on pretty
ttrk (tektracker) is a console MIDI sequencer with a tracker-style step editor.I was annoyed by the bad step editors found on pretty much all MIDI sequencers I could find, and since I was big fan of the tracker interface, I used the user interface ideas behind a tracker in my design.
There are five main goals for creating ttrk:
1. Tracker-style step editor, think ScreamTracker3.
2. Pattern based sequencer per track, more like Sonic Foundry's ACID.
3. Big, accessable track mute buttons, think Alesis MMT8.
4. Realtime editing, never need to push stop.
5. All functions directly accessable from the keyboard for rapid editing.
Here are some key features of "tektracker":
Tracker-style step editor.
256 channels, each with 256 patterns.
Songs up to 4096 patterns long.
Pattern copy and paste.
Sync to external MIDI.
Sends MIDI sync.
Convenient channel mute buttons for live play.
ttrk uses the s-lang library for help with the console output, libpthreads for threading, and zlib to make the saved files really small.
What's New in This Release:
update to newer autoconf
compile fixes for gcc-3
tektracker 0.7.0 search tags