TetriBox 1.0 reviewDownload
TetriBox is a pack of 18 arcade games with different blocks, grids, strategies and logic
TetriBox is a pack of 18 arcade games with different blocks, grids, strategies and logic. The games are the new interpretation of the popular Tetris game, greatly improved and having a lot of various features that make them really unique.
Some of the games are the all-time classics, some are completely new and untasted. Get a whole score of games, a dollar apiece! More than that, you can take part in the International Tournament!
In all games your goal is to keep the board from filling up as long as possible and get the highest score.
There are six types of the game:
1. Quadrix - the most classic one. Each piece in this game consists of four blocks. You can rotate the falling piece to fit it into free space. When you build a line of blocks that goes from left side of the board to right one - that line of blocks disappear. More lines removed at once - more points you get. Game starts with empty board.
2. Pentix - this is more advanced game, because here pieces contain from 2 to 5 blocks. The other rules of the game are identical to Quadrix game.
3. Picktris - At the beginning of this game you have board partially filled with some special blocks on it. To finish a level you will have to remove all of these special blocks. Everything else is like in Quadrix game.
4. Columns - This game is much different from the previous ones, because here you can't rotate the falling piece, but you can switch position of blocks within the falling piece. In this game your goal is not to build lines that go from left to right through the board, but to place blocks with the same color close to each other. When three or more blocks with the same color are placed together - they disappear. Note that two blocks are treated to be places together only if they share one common side.
5. Blocktris - There are no falling pieces in this game, so you can place the piece wherever you want, but you don't have the ability to rotate a piece. All pieces contain from 1 to 4 blocks. If you build line of blocks that goes from one side of the board to another - that line of blocks disappear.
6. Mosaic - In this game there are no falling pieces either, you cannot rotate a piece, you can't even switch blocks positions within a piece, but you can place a piece wherever you want. In order to clear some space on the board you have to place blocks with the same color close to each other, and when three or more blocks come together - they disappear just like in Columns game.
All of the games mentioned above are available on three different grids - rectangular, hexagonal and triangular grids. Every grid brings some special tricks and different strategies of playing, so the same game on different grids appears to be a set of three completely different games.
That's amazing! Eighteen different games in a single game pack! Try them all, and we are sure - you will find several games that suite your taste.
The game runs on major Linus flavors (RedHat, Debian, Mandrake, SuSE, Slackware and others)
TetriBox 1.0 keywords